Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Team Sorting

Today we went to a Team Sorting up in Rupert. That was really fun! My mom rode Ute, but I just went to watch. I talked to a lot of people (me...I can't beleive that!), and had lots, and lots of fun. I Team Sorted on Brizzee once in January of 2008. But I thought I was going to die. lol. EVERYTHING was new to her, and I was arguing with myself, and was so nervous I was literally shaking all over. But, I didn't die...in fact I won 1st place in the Beginners, and third and fourth place. So, that was pretty cool, but I haven't ridden in the Team Sorting since.

Well, after going today, I decided that on the next Team Sorting we have down here, I'm going to take Brizzee. I probably won't Team Sort, I may not even ride, but I'm going to play with her on the ground, and see how much more confidence she has in me, and how she'll look to me as her leader. So, we'll just play around on the ground, and maybe after everyone is watching the Team Sorting, or getting ready to break for lunch, maybe then I'll ride her around, ride her in the pen, etc. Because I really want to start Team Sorting, but I don't want to put any more pressure on our relationship, so we'll just paly with it and see.

Yesterdya she was pretty funny. I was watering the horses, and I decided that while the watertrough is filling up, I'll give the horses each a treat. Well, Brizzee didn't even look at me, so I went into the corral, and crouched down right behind. She'd turn to the right, I'd go to the left, she'd turn to the left, I'd go to the right, etc. So finally she sighed, turned around, and came walking towards me. I'm like; "Oh, hi, nice to see you. Here, you want a treat," Yep, we sure have come a long ways. This time last year I could do that all I wanted to, and she wouldn't even flick her ears...she really hated me.

Course, I guess I wouldn't blame her. She's only known one man her whole life, and then I come along, take her away from him, and start changing everything around. Instead of making her "we have to get this done!" I'm becoming her partner, and I'd like to think that I'm beginning to understand her. I am very proud of how far she has come, very proud.

I was really upset yesterday. Last summer a friend of my mom's had this colt, and she was going to sell it, but we didn't have enough money. So mom ran into her at the store yesterday, and it turns out that the gal was trying to find us after Christmast to just give us that colt...JUST GIVE IT US!! Well, she couldn't find us so she gave it someone else. Mom told me that and I started crying...but hopefully he went to a good home. Somebody that won't beat him, or give him mixed signals.

Well, that's my update for today. I'm hoping that this wind will calm down sometime so I can take more pics of Brizzee's hooves, and spend some Undemanding Time with her!! The next Team Sorting is in 2 weeks. By taking her there, just playing on the ground, would that put a lot of pressure on our relationship, or make it better? I've been thinking about this an awfully lot, and I've come up with 50 50. What do you guys think?

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship