Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring!!

Yeah, Spring is FINALLY here!! :) ;) I'm excited about that. lol.
"March winds bring April showers, April Showers bring May flowers!"

Well, I played with Brizzee yesterday. Green grass was coming up, and it was a very nice day. I wore a long sleeve shirt and a vest, and I was too warm! Brizzee and I really didn't do anything...she did everything that I asked her to do, but we really didn't do anything. I sat down on the cement, and I just let her mosey around. When her hindquarters were too close, I would just move my head, and barely flick the string, and she would turn to me, ears forward. Then I set up three poles to make like two alley ways. Brizzee was in one, I in the other. I walked, she walked, I backed up, she backed up, etc. So that was pretty cool!

Then I went over to the pedastal, and just sat there and let her mosey. My "hindquarters" got a little chilly because it was wet. lol. And then we did Stick To Me in the figure 8, and then I let her eat some more grass. It was funny, when I haunched, and started sneaking towards her back end, she woudl turn, face, ears forward. I said, great, now let's go over here. Well, we started walking, her head went down. I haunched over, went towards her back end and she's like "I'm ignoring you". I flicked the string at her, and she ignored it, so I slapped it on the groudn really hard right behind her, I almost tagged her with it. Boy, she spun around, looked at me, looked behind, and slowly started licking her lips like "Oh, I've gotta keep my eye on her!" So, that was pretty fun! All we did yesterday was just play.

I sat back down on the cement when I took her halter off. She lowered her head, I took her halter off, and then gave her a treat. She started to mosey off and I wondered if I would just glar at her Hindquarters if she would turn and face without the halter on. Well, I barely tipped my head when she turned and came up to me!! Of course I gave her another treat! I'll have had her for two years in a few weeks...and her birthday is on the 5th, which is this Thursday...she'll be 13 years old. Oh, and we got the Liberty and Horse Behaviour last night!!! Can't wait to watch all the DVD'S!!!!!! YAY!

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship