Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

RBE then LBI instantly - -

Our farrier came out this morning. I really like him. He's gentle, has a nice body attitude, talks to the horses, and he hangs in there with them when they hop or jump around, and as soon as they stand still and relax their leg, he realeses, rubs them, and then picks up the hoof. He's a really neat guy. Anyways, he was out this morning. I went in to get Brizzee, and she was still eating her hay. I knew I didn't have much time, but I just wanted to see what she would do if I went behind her while she was eating. Well, she moved, so that she was facing me, but she was still eating. But she was really good with haltering. And she even left the hay without a fight! :)

And as soon as we got out of that gate, she tried. She was calm at first looked around, LBI. And then the horses started whinnying, and the RBE kicked in. Not very bad. It was right on the line of Left Brain and Right Brain. She was moving her feet, whinny, move around, stop, etc. So it was fun! And while the farrier and my mom were talking, I started to massage her legs, and she held still so I got on my knees, and picked up her hoof. She did really good when he looked at her hoof, but if he would've trimmed her she would've been walking on her sole *ouch*, so she didn't get trimmed. Everything else went really good. I got a lot of info from him about Founder, etc.

So this afternoon, about a 30 minutes before feeding time, I went out to the pen. My mom was playing with Sugar, and Strom, my Uncle's Arab (RBE) was following me everywhere. I walked, she walked, I ran, she trotted, I moved from side to side, and she followed me! It was pretty cool. And then I went behind Brizzee, and when she would look to the left, I'd run to the right, etc. until she finally turned and came up to me!

She was LBI, but she wasn't as stubborn as she usually is =) I asked her to walk on the cement, between me and the fence, and I walked beside her, but on the dirt. She backed with me, etc. And then, I "drove" her FQ in a full circle, so that she was lined up with the fence, and we played the Sideways Game! She didn't stop until she reached the end of the 12 foot line, and I kept my feet still!!! YEAH!! Everything she did, I probably was at least 4 feet away from her, so I was excited! And a 45 foot line and another 22 foot line are coming!! Yeah! I'm hoping to audition for Level 1 on Monday, the 16th (but no pressure, if it doesn't work, that's okay. Gives us practice with playing in front of the camcorder. lol). On that day I will have Brizzee for two years, so I thought it'd be cool if we recordered it on that day. And if it doesn't go very well, that's okay. I'm in no hurry. We'll just play with it, take our time, etc.

Twilight comes out in 10 days! Team Sorting is this Saturday...I'm looking forward to it in a way, and in another way I'm nervous about it. lol. Can't wait until Spring gets here!!

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship