Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Sunday, March 8, 2009

It sucks living with a none Parelli Person.

So, we got the Liberty & Horse Behavior sometime last week. I was really excited because there's like 10 DVD's, and I was really excited because I thought I might fianlly be able to read my horse better, adjust to fit the situation better, etc. And there is a Team Sorting this Saturday, so I thought maybe if I watched the whole pack, I might have more "stratgies", and know how to adjust to fit the situation.

Well, we haven't even watched all of the first disk yet. We started watching a disk today, and the guy we live with is like "You're going to watch this again?" And then he goes outside. And as soon as he comes back inside, my mom and I turn it off. And so tonight, the weather goes off, he usually goes to bed around this time, so we put the DVD in. And he comes out, sits down, and is like. "Watching this again! How many more is there?" And then he starts complaining because there might be something esle on TV, etc. So, meanless to say, I had to take the disk out, and now he's watching somehething he doesn't even like so that he won't have to watch any of it. He is very much against Parelli.

And so far, everything he has said, mom and I have proved him wrong (example: They'll get away with a lot on that long line. You need to have them up close so you can control them!), but whenever we put in a Parelli DVD, he'll get mad, and we'll have to take it out. I can't really even talk about Parelli to my mom anymore because he interrupts, gets mad, or gets up and walks away! It's infuriating! And he never goes to any Team Sorting, but I bet he will this Saturday, just so that he can pick on me, tell me what I'm doing wrong, etc. And he even makes my horse nervous, and our Mustang hates him.

When I first got Brizzee, we couldn't get her to load...this is funny. And he (who knows all there it to know about horses) gets his rope, ties it to somethign on the trailer, goes under Brizzee's tail, and hangs on to it tightly. And we were just playing with the trailer. And Brizzee, being a Left Brain Introvert, braced up, and WOULD NOT MOVE! He was whipping the whip behind her, pulling tightly on the rope, she did not move. She just had that mean look in her face like; "NOpe, not gonna do it!"(I wanted to tell him to stop, but I have to RESPECT MY ELDERS! WHAT ABOUT MY PARTNER?) I felt pretty good though...that's awful, but I did. This guy who knows EVERYTHIGN about horses, and you have to show the horse whose boss, and you have to make them do something, couldn't get a little 14 hand Paint horse, who has no sense at all (he thinks that because she's a paint...stupid) into a trailer...hehehehehehe!!

And then with the Mustang, he couldn't get him in there either. He even got the bull whip out. If he would've come close to hitting Simbo, I don't think he'd be living today. Simmer-On is a pretty good horse, and he really loves my mom. Their relationship is really strong. But if someone starts pushing him, he pushes right back. But I just think it's kinda funny. Now I can load Brizzee in the trailer. It takes a while, we have to retreat and appraoch often, but she'll eventaully get in there. She's not real confident yet, but she does go in, and come out quickly, but we're playing wiht it. And I don't have any kind of a butt rope, any force, nothing.

But, he turns away from it and just says that I taught her whose boss...it's funny how people can have ONE way etched in stone so much in their head, that they can't even accept what is right in front of their eyes. "Oh, Parelli drugs his horse. He's just trying to get money." Well, do I drug MY horse? Do I force MY horse? Have I knocked the spirit out of MY horse? No, No, and NO! We are only in Level 2, but compared to when I first got her, we've improved a lot. And that's just because I taught her whose boss? No, it's because I've taken a more natural approach, and gone about doign things differently then "I'm going to make you!" Out of Love, Language, and Leadership, we are starting to have a Partnership. NOT out of force, making her, and showing her whose boss.

Parelli Natural Horse Man Ship is a great program! You do things naturally, you have a partner, your partner is willing to follow your suggestions (most the time), is willing to be with you, plays with you at liberty, and even greets you at the gate with their ears forward, eyes big and excited, they are ready to be with you, ready to play and do somethign fun (not WORK). ...what more does someone need to show them that Parelli is a GREAT and NATURAL program?

But, it's not enough for the person we live with, so therefore, we can't watch the DVD's that we bought to see, so I still don't have more "in depth" information on reading horses, or any of that stuff. Which sucks! But oh well. I guess from now on I'll take all the Parelli DVD's to my dad's house because he doesn't have a horse, and he's very interested in all this stuff. So I guess in order to learn, I guess I'll just have to do that. My mom will be mad at me, but oh well. My goal is to become a Parelli Professional, and I'm hoping to stop at nothing to live my dream...just like getting my books published, and owning a ranch. You're dreams can't just magical happen, you have to work for them, push on, go through obstacles, and stop at nothing to make those dreams happen! It'll be a FUN JOURNEY!!

I feel better now that I vented. lol.

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship