Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2009 Plans!!

Here are my plans for 2009 with Brizzee:

Online >>>>
Play the Friendly Game in every zone
Do "Helicopter" in every zone
Massage/hold her hind legs
Massage her tail
Pick up all four feet from one side
Keep head lowered until I cluck
Lift front legs when I tap them
Lead by her front legs
Back up with tail
Back with the Stick from Zone 4/5
Do four laps at the Circling Game at the trot & canter
Change direction
Transitioins
Go sideways without the fence and over a barrel
Jump!
Load in the trailer without another horse in there!
Stick to me at walk and trot, and hopefully even the canter
Work on bowing/laying down
And play all Seven Games while I'm sitting down, and/or up on a fence!
Patterns:
Figure 8 ~ Weave ~ Circles ~ Falling Leaf ~ Trailer ~ and Push A Ball

Liberty>>>
Play all Seven Games
Stick to me at the walk and trot
Be confident and relaxed while playing the Friendly Game in every zone and with the "helicopter"
And all the above (including the Patterns)!

Freestyle>>
Play the Friendly Game
Don't ask anything, just sit there and do whatever she does
Teach her that I'm not going to hurt her

After she is confident:
Lateral Flexion
Indirect/direct rein
9 Step Back up
Pushing Passenger Lesson at the walk and possible trot.
Focus: Go from Point A to Point B
Patterns:Figure 8 ~ Follow the Rail ~ Weave
Eventually I'd like to do more in my body, and do less with the riens and her respond to my body and "mirror me"

Finesse>
To be honest, I have no idea.

My Dreams and Goals in the future with Brizzee:
Passing all four levels in all four savvies by Fall/Winter of 2010 or early spring of 2011 (before I'm an adult, which will be in December of 2011...YIKES!
Running to the gate to greet me!
Backing with me standing a long ways from her, at liberty!
Lay down and get on her that way
Load into the trailer just by me pionting at it
Standing up on her back, and her be confident and calm
Ride bareback and BRIDLESS AT THE CANTER!!
And too many things to list! lol

My Dreams & Goals in Parelli!
Be the Best I can be for my horse
Be a Parelli Instructor by 2013 (I'll be 20)
Have my own Natural Ranch
Major/Specialize in Mares & Foals, Resuce Horses, and Mustangs
Help/teach people
Help horses by giving them a "natural" second chance
Play a lot with foals and teach them PNH right from the get go!

So, I have many dreams & Goals in my future. There is a saying my mom once told me:

"If you have a goal, you need to make a date of when you will accomplish that goal. It is better to have a date and miss it, then not have something to strive for, and never accomplish your goal."
And here's a saying of mine that I made up--
"If you have a dream, you need to reach out and make it happen, while you can, before it's too late."

I can't beleive that I'll be 18 in 2 years and 10 months!! YIKES. I don't want to be an adult...ever. lol.

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship