Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What A Day

Boy, WHAT A DAY! We were running a little behind by the time we got everything together and finished with Breakfast, so I didn't have time to groom Brizzee--she was a little messy. But oh well.

Trailer loadin' went really good this morning. She waited until I got in on the right side before she followed on the left side (we took our two horse straight load trailer). She didn't paw or anything on the L-O-N-G drive up there. But she was very excited to get out of the trailer once we got there.

David gave her the "dope" shot first before I put her in the chute thing, and she followed me right in. She was pretty confident the whole time. It took her a while when we finished to remember how to actually step up into the trailer. lol. I was worried she was going to fall. hehehe. But her teeth were okay. He said there were a few points, and that she chews mainly on her right side, but other then that there were no problems.

After we got back home my mom and I played with her a little bit. My mom helped me "sideways" her towards me, and she didn't really good with that. We ended it where my mom didn't need to help and she took two steps towards me! And then we worked on tapping her feet to lift them. She still either takes a step back or forwards, but it's a start anyways. And we did some Stick to Me at the trot again. She is doing so much better at that! I think she's beginning to trust and look to me as her leader!!! YAY!! Today was a super great day. She was trying so hard to do the right thing when we played with her...and for the very last thing we did, she got a very nice leg massage. She stood completely still, her nose touching the ground as I massaged her legs. It was so cute!

Here are some pics:























Yummy---not. lol.
Savvy Out,
*~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~*

2 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

LUCKY! Our trailer is infested with wolf spiders the size of dinner plates :-| !!!! AHHH! BTW I'm having a contest on my Natural Horsemanship blog! It's for a new show name for Tobias, Toby (Red). I didn't like his old show name (It was Tommys dun a little scotch) so I'm holding a contest for a new name and the reward is a header and/or a blog button. So come and enter!!!!

~Lauren, Sonny, and Toby

Randa said...

Yikes! lol. I will definitely come and check that out! We have a bunch of Daddy Long Leg spiders in our HOUSE! My mom had one crawling on her shoulder, and all I could do was stare white eyed. She thought she had a snake on her or something...spiders don't affect her. lol. Thanks for your comment =-)

Natural Horse Man Ship