Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Monday, October 19, 2009

Tit for Tat and Indirect Rein

Yay! I played with Brizzee on the ground yesterday, and she actually did a spin! I was so excited. I don't exactly remember how I did it or how it happened, but she spun around in a complete circle and afterwards she ASKED me a question! I was so excited! And we did a few driving things also. I would squeeze her between our truck and trailer and the motor home. I had her go in first and then I followed. She was pretty confident with that. Sometimes she's okay with me walking behind her and "driving" her, other times she just keeps trying to turn her HQ away and face me, that's okay. We're playing with it =-)

Today we did some Freestyle things. That was pretty fun. I accidentally left my Natual Hackamore in my room from practicing with the "rein positions", so I used the Bozale--however you spell it--with her today. It went really good! She was somewhat listening to me, and everything, though she tried to get her few bites of that so delicious green grass. lol.

Walking down the side of the corral Brizzee decided that she wanted to turn back. I asked her to go a little bit and she didn't want to, so we started getting in an argument. After she stopped facing the direction she didn't want to go, I thought I would try the Tit for Tat, and see if I could Indirect rein her and turn her so that we would be facing in the direction she wanted to go. We haven't done a lot of those because I kept getting confused until the Sept. Savvy DVD came. That helped a lot! But she did it! It was wonderful and felt great! Today I think was one of the best Freestyle days we've had in--forever! We didn't do anything fancy or anything, but we felt connected, and in tune. I think I was on my Balance point, and when I wanted to turn left, it felt so natural when I lifted my leg and "looked" with my body. I'm practicing, practicing, practicing with everything in my body before I get on her, and I think it's finally beginning to pay off, I hope ;-)

Tomorrow we MIGHT be herding cows. I'm not sure but a friend of my mom's is hauling cattle into the sale, and they might need our help with the horses to seperate them and everything. It sounds like it'll be fun if we get to help and take the horses. I just have no idea how Brizzee will act in a strange place especially with Ute there. She'll probably go right back to being "herd sweet" and need to stay close with him. But I'll just play with any horse that shows up! And on Thursday Brizzee gets to go to the Dentist...so exciting! My dentist appointment for today was cancelled, the Dentist was sick...YIPPEE! Oh, I mean sorry Mr. Dentist but yippee!! lol.

Savvy On,
*~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~*
PS. I'm really hoping to get the video done this week, I hope. Whenever I'm playing with Brizzee my mom is never around to film me...I wish I had a younger sibling. lol.

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship