Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Monday, October 5, 2009

Calm, Confident = Left Brain

WOW!! Holy crap, I can't beleive that it's 9:10 on Monday morning already! It seemed like time has just gone by like taht. I'm beginning to wonder if it's the end of November here already from the six inches of SNOW we got yesterday, Oct. 4th! Boy, the weather is crazy.

Anyhoo, I didn't have anyone to record me playing with Brizzee on Thursday, or Friday, so I don't ahve the video yet. But I'm hoping that sometime this week, after the snow clears (Snow!), we'll get 'er done.

On Saturday we took Brizzee to the Team Sorting. That was an interesting/fun experience! She didn't really load at first. She got a little Right Brain, and was trying to push past me and stuff. It wasn't helping that my mom was kind standing on the side and behind her with the Carrot Stick. I didn't really like that either. But I finally went in the two horse trailer on the right side, and then Brizzee came right on up on the left side without any problem! Wow! Is she following / trusting her leader? =-)

At the Team Sorting she did really good. She was calm, and pretty confident. Except she was lazy, as always. I used the Bozzel on her though. The Natural Hackamore works really good around here, but when we go somewhere I need something a little stronger then that, though I hate to use it. But she did very good, and was very light and responsive. She was lazy, so my mom had me put on some spurs!! I hated that idea, but they were the kind of spurs that only has a solid ball on the end, so they weren't too bad. I kept riding with my heels and spurs pointingout so I woudln't even accidentally nudge her. But the difference was I had those on was amazing! If I wanted to turn to the right, I would just have to turn my body in that direction, direct rein, and nudge her just a little with the spur and she turned really well! Actaully, before we left I didn't even have to use the spur at all. I don't want to use the spurs again though, no way. I can't wait until I'm able to get the Cradle Bridle with the C3 bit. I think that would do Brizzee and I wonders. The Savvy Club DVD about Rein Position really helps too. I like what Pat said about the only thing you need to know about riens is that you have a right, and a left.

While we were at the Team Sorting I had put my coat up on a fence, and after I rode Brizzee aroudn a little, I rode her up to my coat and grabbed it. She sidepassed and backed up a little bit, but other then that she was fine. I rubbed her all over with it, and then tossed it to the ground and she didn't even lift her head or anything. That was exciting!

Today I need to call our vet in Albion and set an appointment to get her teeth floated. She hasn't had that done yet this year and when she chews she tips her head way over to the side, and the few times when she said "cheese" yesterday I noticed a big red sore on her top lip. I think she must have gotten kicked or something by one of the horses, so we are going to take her down to the vet sometime and get her all fixed up! :-)

Well, now that fun is over so I guess I shoudl get crackin' on school. It would be so nice if we only had to have school subjects on horses/ parelli (and Twilight too!).

One more thing, we didn't bring Gunsmoke, which my mom is thinking about calling her Mikkah now, home yesterday like mom had originally planned cause of the snow. She's hoping that Wednesday will be better and we can bring her home then. It's funny how time seems to fly by so fast, and then when you want it to fly past, it seems like it's taking FOREVER.

I may have a babysitting job now too. A friend of ours at the Team Sorting knows some people that are looking for a babysitter, so I gave him my number. At least if I do get this babysitting job, at least I will get paid. My brother and sister don't pay me because they figure that I'm family anyways. So yeah, it sounds like my winter is beginning to get planned out for me too.

Savvy On,
*~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~*

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship