Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So...

One thing I hate about Autumn / Winter when the weather starts getting cooler, besides the cold, of course. lol. Is the seasonal flu that comes with it! ARGG! I have been sick since Monday with this blasted cold. I think it's finally starting to lift a little bit. I don't know if I'll ever be able to catch my nose or not, but my head isn't pounding anymore and I can stay awake. LOL. We haven't really done anything with the horses this week besides put a very LOOSE web halter on the filly before turning her out in the paddock with our old mare (www.parellifromthegroundup.blogspot.com)

But other then that not much has been going on. When I glimpsed out there this evening I see that my horse is all wooly'd up and looking like a pony. She's so pretty in the spring and summer, but when she gets her winter coat it...not sure. lol. But she's still my pretty girl :-)

Kay, well I gotta take some medicine. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to play with her a little bit. She's get a "dentist" appointment a week from tomorrow (Thursday). So we're going to do some stuff with the trailer and "simulating" going into the gate / chute thing. Let's see, I can walk her thru, back her in, sideways her, move her forequarters and then her hindquarters...hmm, interesting! lol.

Over and out,
Randa.

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship