Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Friday, May 15, 2009

Wonderful Night!

Well yesterday (Thursday) I took Brizzee to a Team Sorting Practice. She was really different yesterday :-) She was really calm when I groomed her and she loaded really easy. She was a little prancy and anxious when we first got to the arena, but she calmed down pretty quickly.

She stayed really close to me when we get inside, funny girl. I'd start her with the circling game, and next thing I knew she was circling, but her stomach was right against me. funny girl.

The dirt was really deep, so she had to work hard to walk through it. I guess that's pretty good on her muscles. Anyways, when I started riding her she did really good. She just followed Ute everywhere, of course, but she was really listening to me, and it was pretty easy to get away from him outside of the soring pens. lol.

I went in with mom and Ute and it took a while to get her away from Ute, but when she did finally get away from him she did really good! She laid her ears back at them, and when I would get focused on the cow, she would get focused on it too. It was pretty fun!! I enjoyed it. I almost came off one time because we were going towards a steer, and it turned and ran suddenly, and Brizzee picked up her front end, spun around on her back legs, and then trotted after it until it was in the right pen. HEHEHE. I felt guilty because I pulled back and she stopped like, what did I do? She was doing the right thing, I was the one messing her up, but it was really good.

One time she wouldn't go through the gate to leave Ute, so what did I do? I backed her through the gate. lol. Everyone laughed about that, but I didn't care. We disqualified that time because Brizzee had to go, and she didn't block the gate with all the cows, but oh well, it was fun! She got lots and lots and lots of treats.

The most exciting part was when I wanted her to trot, all I had to do yesterday was bring up my energy, and pedal really fast with my feet and trotting she'd go. And we'd turn to Ute and she went into a really fast trot. silly goose.

It's amazing how sometimes when I ride her it's not very good, and other times it's cool! I love my horse!

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship