Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Monday, May 18, 2009

Rescuing Baby Starling & Level 2!

First of all, it's all ready like 95 degrees out there...YUCK! What happened to the nice Spring 70 degree weather? We have cold/winter days, summer days, one day of spring, and then either winter or summer. It's either freezing outside, or blistering hot...and when it's really nice it's either storming or windy...ugh! But today there are no clouds, very little wind, and it's blistering hot. But hopefully it'll cool off this evening.

I've been very, very busy the last few days, but I think things will calm down for today, I hope.
Today my mom had to go into Twin, and I had to go out to the shed to get something, and there was a baby starling on the ground... poor thing. I didn't know where it came from, so I got a little box together, got a "Baby Starling Food" Recipe, made a nice "meal" for it. hehe. Went out there, but it in the box, began feeding it, and then a Starling dived at me! The nest was right above him, so I did some research on the internet. It said that the mother wouldn't kill it if I put it back in the nest, so I got the ladder...hands were shaking like something else...took the bird, and put it back by it's nest. Oh man! He started squealing and ran right over to its nest, and the mother came and it sounded like everyone was just so glad that he was back! :-) And then I had to get rid of the "meal"...yuck. Cat food, applesauce, water, and a boiled egg...eww. But he seemed to love it when I gave it to him. So, I rescued a baby bird.

I'm hoping to go out and play with Brizzee with Level 2 this evening! Excited about that. Maybe I can talk mom into going for a ride down the road today. I love doing that. Brizzee's stride lengthens, she lowers her head, and there's just a different expression in her eyes like happiness. And there's no grass on the road! YEA! It would be so much easier if she wasn't foundered so I could let her eat grass, but unfurtunately I can't :-( Sorry girl, but it's for the best.

Okay, I'll post more tonight or tomorrow (hopefully) about our Playday!
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~
P.S. I'll try to get some more pics of the Barn Owl. I don't know if there is a different one in the barn now or if it just got into some water because it looks a lot whiter then it did before...very pretty! Mabye we'll have "owlets" running around!! Fun stuff. I love Spring...if only the temp. would match the season. lol.

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship