Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Progress!!

Ugh, today is horrible, just horrible. It started off really nice, and now it's windy, windy, windy, windy!! Oh, and let's not forget the thunder clouds and thunder at times. It's terrible. Dirt is everywhere. Oh well.

Well, yesterday I played with Brizzee a little bit in the morning, it was all ready hot! It went okay. We did the Figure 8, Weave, Circling Game, and some other fun stuff. It went okay, I guess. I was getting really hot, Brizzee didn't want to do anything, so we ended it there and I did some other things for the rest of the day. Here's some pics of us doing the Figure 8:












After the sunset last night my mom and I went outside to play with Sugar and Ute. I was going to ride Sugar a little bit and then mom was thinking about goin on a trail ride depending on how well she did. Well we got out there and our friend was there who owns her, so we started talking to him and he had fed Sugar so she was eating.
So after I few minutes I went and got Brizzee. I didn't really know what to do with her, just mosey. I think that is the funniest time we have ever had together! We did the Figure 8, trotted around, did some other things that were fun, and then I hopped on her bareback.
Last night was a super neat night. I had nothing planned, and we just did some fun things and it went really good!! She was actually I think interested!! So from now on when I go out and play iwht her we'll just do whatever, and not even caring what we do or accomplish.
I was looking for her previous owner's address tonight because I want to write him a letter and thank him for letting my buy his horse. Even though we don't have very good days sometimes, and then other days we have great days, she is a great horse and I'm sure that in time (like a few years) we'll be able to do anything together!! I just need to enjoy the time I have with her and just do whatever we feel like...I think. Parelli Natural Horse Man Ship really isn't about the horse, it's about you. You go through all these thinking stages, you go through different things, and you need to figure out what your horse needs and become part horse. Everyday I think about this program, what I'm doing, what I need to do differently to help Brizzee more. And it changes regularly, of course, but that's okay. We're all learning!!
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

You mare is gorgeous! Sounds like you are enjoying the Parelli. I was into it a year ago and still do a lot of groundwork (my horse loves it and is good at it), but haven't gotten much past level one stuff. Anyway, I enjoyed reading about your work and I agree that with Parelli or most natural horsemanship, it's really training us how to be more aware of horse behavior and our reaction to it, so that we can better work and train our horses.

Randa said...

Hello. Thank you and thank you for your words. Your horse is gorgeous as well. Yes, I love doing the Parelli Program. Compared to how my horse was before I got her, we've come a long ways!! :) I love learning about horses and their behavior. We (my horse and I) still have a lot of obstacles to overcome (she is my first horse), but with God's help we'll get there in time. :) I loved your blog. Your new "Harley Davidson" is nice. My mom used to go on motorcycle rides, but then she had her heatstroke on a ride one year, and hasn't really gotten back into them since. She doesn't drive them, only rides. But now we have really gotten into horses and Parelli. Anyways, thank you for comment! :) Enjoy your Journey with your horse(s).
~Randa~

Natural Horse Man Ship