Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Liberty!!

Good evening! Today was a terrific day with Brizzee. We went into the round pen, did some things on the 22 foot, and then we played a little bit at Liberty :-) That was awesome. There was grass growing up everywhere that Briz, of course, was interested in, but that's okay. For basically being thing the first time, she did really good. I'd start walking towards her hind end a few times and she'd turn around and look at me, hehehe.

Then we played a little bit more online with the 22 foot, and then I got on bareback. We rode around for a while,a nd then we went into the driveway where I saddled her up and rode her for a little while. We went up the dirt road like 10 times, road around in the driveway, and then mom came out and started giving me tasks to do.

We did some walking to places, sidepassing (she's getting a lot better), trotting, and we did cantering! She always took the right lead, not that I care or anything but mom wanted me to try to get her on her left lead, but she never did, but that's okay, I don't care. I don't even care if she canters or not, she's perfect just the way she is...compared to when I first got her. The change in her is just amazing since I got her. She doesn't seem like the same horse at all. lol.

So we had lots of fun today. Oh, and almost forgot, she even did the FIGURE 8 at LIBERTY!! Wow! I was really surprised she did that, but it went really good! I was/am extremely happy about today. And the weather is sonice outside.

I'm still having feet problems though. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but according to my mom I don't have my feet in the right position. Here are some pics that she took of my feet while I was trotting Brizzee:











Poor girl, she puts up with me so much! lol. I think I would have lost patience and would have bucked me off all ready, if I was her. lol. Oh, and guess what? She even did a lot better with the grass today. She wasn't going after it nearly as much, and when we went through it she didn't argue with me, and she followed everything that I asked of her more lighter! Yea!!! But she did eat bark....horses eating bark? Hmm. lol. But it was a terrific day today, would've been much better if I can figure out where to put my feet. Poor girl.
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee (the patient one)~

2 comments:

Lea and Eddie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You guys are doing great!
Hmmm... Maybe if you sit farther back? Are you on your balance point? Just from an observance it looked like you were a little far forward... =-) Hope that helps!

Randa said...

Thanks Lea! =-) Yeah, I'm having trouble finding my Balance Point, and when I find it, I loose it easily. But hopefully in time (maybe a few (hundred) years. LOL) I'll get it...I hope. hehehe.

Natural Horse Man Ship