Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My First Canter!!

I rode Sugar today. She was right between being a RBI/LBE...weird huh? So anyways, I played with her, and then rode her. She did really good. She was calm, relaxed, and did really well. I was trying to figure out how they "cued" her and stuff. We walked, and trotted. Whenever she would trot though, my feet came back, and I went forward. I have a foot problem, and it's really hard to keep my feet forward, especially with the trot.

But she felt really good, so I took my feet out of the stirrups to see if I'd do better that way. I asked her for the trot again. (However, I had no clue what was next) She did. My feet went back, I went forward and...*blushing*...I squeezed with my legs :( Next thing I knew we were in a rythym and it was like we were soaring!! SHE WAS CANTERING! I was holding onto the saddle horn for dear life, but I stayed on. I was super excited! I've never cantered before, and that felt so great!

I like doing things on the ground better then riding, because I don't have a clue of what to do in the saddle, not to mention my feet problem, but my mom says that more riding is good for me.

Anywho, I gave her lots of treats, turned her loose, haltered my horse, played a little bit on the ground, and then sat on her. I let her eat some left over hay and a little bit of grass while I sat on her. And then I got thirsty, so I slid off, put her away, and now I'm here, posting this! I'm going to go out in a little while again and do some things in level 2 with Briz: Seven Games with an Obstacle, Transitions Online, Change of Direction, and try to get her feet on a pedastal and maybe see if she'll jump! But it doesn't matter.

I'm excited about my first canter, but also a little bummed because I wanted my first canter to be on Brizzee, but oh well. By the way, the trot still ROCKS!! I love Brizzee's trot, it's so smooth and short...I love her trot! I love my girl, period. lol. Oh, here's some pics of Sugar that I took today.


Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~ & ~Sugar~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship