Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Content...?

Well, we went for another ride on Monday. That was fun. Brizzee kept wanting to eat the grass when I was saddling her, and then after a couple of back ups, she stood with her head low, looking at the grass. It was so funny, so I "porcupined" her head down and let her eat the grass. lol .

After the horses were all saddled we were on our way! Brizzee was really different from the other day. She was still loose and relaxed, but she wasn't as loose as she was on Sunday. She didn't trot, or prance, she just walked calmly, head down halfway, looking around at things. On the way back she wasn't trotting either. She just walked calmly. Even when we passed our driveway, she didn't even look at it!

I'm not sure if she was content/happy, or if she was just sore from the day before? But my mom seems to think that she was content. And when we get back I lined her up with my mom's pick up (I was secretly hoping that she would kick it or something, leaving a "horsey" mark. lol) and she sidepassed just a little! So, we've had fun.

Yesterday I was going to play with her again, but our friend pulled in, so instead I rode Sugar again. That was pretty fun. Depending on if it thunders or not today, I might go out there and do some Level 2 things and Liberty with her :-)

Oh, and we finally sent off our Auditions and paperwork yesterday!!! I'm really excited about that, except I don't think I'll pass. But if I don't, we'll just continue playing with each other, and send it in again.

I'm just wondering how long I'll have to wait. Will I have to wait a few days, a few weeks, a month... hmm. This will be good exercise for my "patience". hehe.

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~
PS. I had a dream last night where I was riding a horse bareback and bridless ...except it wasn't any of ours...how interesting! (Lea, will you sell me Eddie?? LOL. Just kidding).

1 comment:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Cool! I just started Parelli w/ our 4 horses and hope to clear up some behavior issues. LOVE your blog and your horse is GEORGEOUS!!!! Well gtg..

~Lauren, Sonny, and Red~

Natural Horse Man Ship