Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Friday, April 17, 2009

Best day!

Where do I begin? I went out to play with Brizzee today. I had just headed out there to take some pictures of her, and the spring grass and stuff, but it was such a nice day, so I grabbed her halter and the 22 foot line.

She came up to me immediately, and all the other horses went into their own pens no problem. So I was happy about that...wow, it's all ready 7:05, when I went outside it was 3. hehe. Anyways, I played with Brizzee a little bit on the ground, and sidepassed her over to the cement water trough. She did really well, so I got on the water trough, rubbed her back, laid across her, etc.

I did this for a while, groomed her for about an hour. I think 45 minutes of that hour was spend on her tail. LOL. I love her tail, is that wierd? I just love grooming her tail. Weird. Anywho, we went outside the pen, and I sidepassed her through the gate, got the natural hackamore, sidepassed her back through the gate, went over to the water trough, got on, and then we just rode around a little bit. I just went where she went. And she'd start trotting and I'd think I'm going to fall off. *gasp*, but I didn't and it was really fun.

Then she just stood still by the gate, so I laid across, had both of my legs hanging off the same side, laid across her, got on my knees on her! The whole time she just stands there, looking around and then looks at me like, what are you doing? So I just kinda manuevered all over around her. Then to end the day we went outside, and I let her have a little green grass. She like that.

And when I took the Natural Hackamore off, I was sitting down, lowered her head, and then I laid down in front of her after it was off, and she just sniffed all aroudn me, and the treats were falling out of my pocket so she enjoyed those. And then she put her head over my side, and nickered! :-) I love my horse! Today was all in all, AWESOME. I wish my mom would've been outside and taken some pictures, but oh well. Here's some pics that I took.

Brizzee

She was nibbling on me...can't see her face, but it's funny.
Below: Taken at the Team Sorting. She was nervous because Ute wasn't there...of course.
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship