Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Auditions!

I am getting ready to go out and record my mom doing her Online Level 1/2 Audition with our Uncle's Arabian mare, Storm! It's funny, she hasn't practiced the Figure 8 yet, so it'll be fun! :-)

And depending on when we finish with that, I'm hoping that she'll record me doing my Online Level 1/2 Audition with my girl, so I'm excited!! I have class at 2, and after that I'm hoping to ride her again! I guess I'll just need to ride her a lot more, before she'll get confident enough (in both herself and me) before we can start being lighter, and doing more things the Parelli way.

My mom brought up an interesting suggestions yesterday. You know how...you have days where you don't want to do something on the computer, so you do school, and you want to learn something...new about Math, but you don't understand so you get frustrated and go to something else? Okay, that's not a very good example, but anyways. My mom suggested that maybe in order for our us to move on to new things on the ground, we have to ride more, and switch back and forth. She might just be bored on the ground (just like with us with math) but then when I introduce her to new things, she might not understand and get frustrated. And when we go back to basics, she's bored again, so then we RIDE! And then do more on the ground...yeah, that doesn't make much sense with the way I'm writing it, but I'm hoping that strategy will work, if not, there's always something else!!

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship