Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Monday, October 25, 2010

In His Eyes...

Hi Friends,

Here is just a short update. Recently Brizzee and I have just taken a couple of walks. We haven't really done anything but spend time with each other. While walking I let her eat a couple old, dried up weeds (really, what is so tasty in a yucky weed? lol) and eat some grass.

When we were having nice weather I sat in the lawn with her (all that nice green grass, yippee! lol) and let her eat while I read in my History book...that was fun. Though I noticed that she was not standig still.

The whole time she was eating, she was moving around. It wasn't lazy bites, either. She was eating as if she hadn't eaten in years, and she's not starving. We feed them twice a day and she is kind of overweight, so she's not starving. SHe never relaxed. She kept her tail tightly clamped down, only swishing it at the flies. She never held still. And I wasn't doing anything except sitting there, not paying attention to her, and reading my book...

Mom and I were talking about this and I wonder if she eats becausse of safety? Instead of wanting to go to the gate or horses for comfort, what if she eats? Eating is the only thing that she "knows" how to do and can't do wrong...hmm? I've just been thinking about that and wonder if I've gone about everything wrong. Is she a RBI who tries to put in a bluff, but is really scared and eats not because she's a pig, but because it's her safety zone? Hmm. I have to play with that :) Like Linda says in the Liberty and Horse Behavhior "It's a fifty fifty chance!" lol.

Anyways, Brizzee's sores are healing up really well and you can't even see them real well anymore, so that is good. But other then moseying, we haven't done much...

Here is a poem that I wrote tonight. It just sort of came to me and I thought maybe I would share it and see what you guys think...

In His Eyes
By Miranda

In the green pasture
You stand with your horse

Between the branches
The wind howls
Thunder shakes the earth
Lightning streaks across the sky
Lighting the earth for all to see

In the flash of lightning
In your horses eye
You see
A reflection of yourself
The person you want to be
In his deep, dark, chocolate eyes

The branches quiet
The howling wind subsides
The thunder leaves
The lightning seeps into the black night

In your horses eyes
Is nothing but the deep, kind brown eyes
And you wonder
Was that your reflection you saw?
Or was it the horse
Showing you what he sees
Not as a human being
Nor a predator,
But his buddy
His partner
That he sees?

In the branches
The wind howls
The sky shakes with thunder
And lightning streaks across the black night sky
What is it
In his eyes
That you see?
Thanks for reading,
Randa & Brizzee

2 comments:

Parelli Central said...

Great poem, Randa! While it's good to know what quadrant of the horsenality chart lives in most of the time, play with the horse that shows up... Spending quality time is always a good thing!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Randa said...

Thank you, Petra :D I'm glad that you enjoyed the poem, and thank you for the advice. I just "assumed" that she was LBI from all teh times I filled out her chart...I guess I never thought that she could flip to a different quadrant. Thank you and I've only just begun to realize how important/special/fun spending quality, undemanding time with her is! Thank you :)

Natural Horse Man Ship