Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Monday, October 13, 2008

Figure Eight Session!

I played with Brizzee about a week ago. We played all Seven Games, including the Sideways Game, but she became unconfident and stubborn, so we went to something else. I got the Patterns about a week or two ago, so we started playing the patterns. We started playing Touch-It, and Brizzee didn't like that game. She wouldn't even try to put her nose on things, so we skipped and went to Figure Eight. That went really well! It was her first time doing that Pattern, so I was proud of her efforts. She was a little unconfident, but did it anyways. By the time we finished, she was really confident and licking her lips. We tried the Touch It Pattern again, and she still didn't like it. I was going to ride her, but the wind came up, and it was close to feeding time anyways, so I decided to call it a day.

I love playing with Brizzee using this program. When I first got her last year, she would literally, turn her back on me. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. She bullied me, and she even made me mad, so I'd stop playing with her, and she got away with it. She argues with herself a lot, and didn't want to trust me, period. But after we started this Program, and started playing, there is a major difference in us both. I'm more confident, she's more confident, and we're both having fun! The other day I heard her nicker at me!! I can sit down in front of her, and she plays the Circling Game#5 with me, and I can also play a few games with her at Liberty! I can't wait till I finish the Level 1 Online Patterns, because then I can go to Level 2, where the fun really begins!!

I'd post pictures, but we can't hook our camera up to the computer. So, I'll just have to write for now! As I said in my earlier post, I'm just learning about all this stuff on the blog!

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship