Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Monday, June 8, 2009

Bridle-LESS!!

Well, I wasn't going to post anything more until I got back from camping, but I played with Brizzee this morning, and it went really well!! We had so much fun, it was a blast! We played with the tarp, and I sat on her bridle-less, and then my mom handed me the carrot stick and we just played around a little bit, and she did really good! She did better bridle-less and with the Carrot Sticks then she does with the Natural Hackamore and halter......? Hmm. But today was a blast, it was FUN!! Here's some pics:






Hehehe, she looks so funny with my jacketon her ears.

No bridle, halter, nada.





That was really fun. After a while my mom started saying to go along the fence, so we did. We'd stop every now and then, and she even backed up!! We moved her forequarters, and then we went up to the gate and move her hindquarters around her forequarters. She did really good with that.
And then I got off her, trying something new. I kept sliding backwards, and went off on her rump. She didn't swish her tail, lift her head or anything. I was really surprised with that. I got that idea from Lea's video, thanks for the idea! And then we tried "hugging", got that idea from Hannah's video. lol. I'm kinda clueless, and then I watch everybody else's video and I think, "I wonder if I can do that? I wonder how you do that? Hmm." lol. But anyways, I hugged Brizzee, reached into my pocket and offered her a treat. She actually reached around, hugging me to get the treat. I was happy. My horse hugged me! lol.
Then we just went for a walk up the road, letting her eat some grass and be a horse. It was a very fun day. Now I have to get ready to go camping. I'm going to really miss Brizzee while I'm gone, especially after our Bridle-less day!! K, talk to ya'll later whenever I get back.
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~



"Reach for the stars"...up on your horse's back. lol"

Laying on her, getting further and further back, getting ready to slid off her rump.
WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

3 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Sounds like a LOT of fun! Riding bridleless sounds SO awesome! Brizzie sounds like a challenge but not (if you get what I mean). She helps "refine and shape" you but she also gives you little boosts of encouragements to help you to not get discouraged:). gtg Anna Grace is screaming and I should probably see whats the matter...

~Lauren, Sonny, and Red~

Randa said...

Thanks. Yep, just as I get a little discouraged (we hit a bump in the road) she suddenly does somethign that blows my mind and encourages me again. She has been quite a challenge, but it's been a very fun journey, and we're slowly progressing! Thank you,
Randa & Brizzee.

coc_parelli said...

Wow! You guys have come so far!! :) Loved the pics! Keep it up!

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

Natural Horse Man Ship