Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rode today!! :)

I rode Brizzee today...YEA!! It was great! We played the Seven games, especially the Porcupine and Driving Game. One of the horse's didn't eat all of their hay so Brizzee was a bit interested in that, but it went okay. We played the Circling Game and change of direction, which went really well. I jumped all around brizzee. I didn't plan to ride her, but she was so calm and left brain I decided to. So, I lead her over to the fence, leaned across her for a while, and got on her. It was great! But, as soon as I got on her she moved over to the gate and just stood there. Her head was down, her hind foot was cocked. She was totally relaxed. I didn't ask anything of her, I just let her stand there and I was just a person sitting on her back, doing nothing at all. It is so much easier (after you play with them on the ground) to just get on their backs instead of putting on a bridle, or tying the lead rope to the halter, or saddling them. You can just lead them over to the fence and away you go. It is so FUN!!

I miss playing with her! There's not enough hours in the day. I can't wait until all this cold weather and snow goes AWAY. Well, the snow isn't a problem, but the frozen ground and ice is.

I wish my mom was out there to take a pic. I was in my black coveralls (which those are now covered with white horse hair :) ), a face mask, a stocking cap over that, and real thick, heavy glooves on. I didn't get cold, so they did the trick! Plus, I was even listening to my mom's CD by Mary Anne Kennedy. It didn't bother Brizzee, or any of the other horses at all.

I am so glad and feel so lucky that I started the Parelli Natural Horse Man Ship program!! It has just been an amazing journey. If Brizzee's owner would see her now, he would probably think she is a completely different horse! And in a way, she is a different horse, but in a good way. In a "natural" way. I am so thankful to my dad for getting my partner, BRIZZEE (which her name used to be Breeze, but I changed it to Brizzee)!!

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship