Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Play Day!

I played with Brizzee today for about an hour. It was GREAT!! She was curious, confident, and followed my SUGGESTION, most of the time. hehe. We had poles lined up so it was like an alley way. I was just walking around the arena, and would point to stuff and Brizzee went through the alley way, went between the cone, between me and the fence, she just went wherever I suggested for her to go.

She was a little confused about going over the poles and between the tires, but after we did somethig else and went back to it, she did it, and she got a reward afterwards. Then I tried to squeeze her between our pedastal and the fence, she was a little unconfident with that, so we just went to other things. She went Sideways really well. I think she was a little Left Brain Extrovert today! When we played Stick to me she kept trying to GO, that is really unusual for Brizzee.

Then, I lined her next to the fence and she backed up with me standing in Zone 4. I didn't even need to wiggle the rope, I just wiggled the stick in front of her and she backed up, that was really neat!! I even squatted down and massaged her legs, scratched her stomach, all kinds of things. Boy, she sure looked different from down there. lol.

She didn't offer to put her foot on the pedastal, so I just lifted it up and placed it on the pedastal, and then she kept her foot there, searching for food. She's so funny. But all in all, it was a GREAT day, especially from just being out there for an hour. I wanted to play with her some more, but the darn fog had to roll in, the wind came up, and the temperature dropped and it got really cold, so I decided to end with massaging her legs. My mom is at a Team Sorting today, so I was alone, but I was able to take some pictures.

She looks bored/tired. hehe.


Standing on the cement. Our place used to be a Dairy, so there's cement all over the place, and all kinds of weird things.


There's the nasty fog rolling in (now it's foggy all around). Brizzee stepped forward just as I snapped this...Oops. She's such a funny girl, but I'm so glad that she's MY GIRL. =)

Brizzee with her fot on our pedastal. She's searchign for food. My mom came up with the idea of putting a tire in a big semi trailer. It's not a fancy pedastal, but it works. Hopefully someday she'll OFFER to step up on it! And when she does that hopefully my mom will be around to take pictures.
So, that was our day. I have to go put Potatoes into the roast, yeah. I am so glad that today went really great! Brizzee really tried today, and I was very proud of her for that! Our friend (the one with the foal) went by when Brizzee was backing up with just the Carrot Stick while I was standing in Zone 4, and we weren't even next to a fence!! I'm hoping that he'll let me play with his foal this spring and summer!! Keep your fingers crossed. lol. Maybe, not this spring, but next spring maybe I'll be able to breed Brizzee, but not unless our partnership/relationship is strong!
Thanks for reading!
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~



No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship