Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hanging In There Like An Ape...

Interesting title, eh? lol. The other day I went out and played with Brizzee. We had a lot of fun. We just basically just hung out, did a few things, whatever, walked around the corral. She offered a very nice circling game at the trot, and did a change of direction very smoothly. She slowed to a walk, and stopped and looked at me for a few seconds before she turned teh other one and began to trot again, so I ended it there. And I ran backwards and she trotted up to me, that was really neat :-)

The most exciting thing that Brizzee did was she went sideways from me standing in zone 5! I was so exciting. I had tried doing it next to her, but she got unconfident so I stepped back and was going to have her turn and face me, but when I flicked the carrot stick she started to go sideways, so I took it and went sideways with her--only behind her. So that was really cool :-) She's such a patient horse with me.

After we played some more games on the ground I thought I'd try to get on he from neck--yeah, not happenin'. She was so patient with me though, her ape lol. She put her head to the ground, her noise touching, and I jumped up on her neck, and she lifted it up, and then I just hung there, kicking me feet around, and then she would lower her neck and look at me like; "Are you goin' to get on or what?" I tried that a couple of times and then my arms slipped and I fell right on my rump, I thought my mom was going to die laughing so hard. Brizzee, well she just looked at me, such a sweet ole' girl. So I ended up leading her over to the fence and got on her bareback that way. She still likes to go to the gate, but we're getting a little better. I'm making a pattern where we walk from one end of the pen to the other not too far away from the gate. Every now and then she argues, but little by little, it's getting better. I think that I just need to work on my body langauge more. That has to be it, why she keeps going to the gate for safety because she doesn't know what I want because I don't have the right body energy. And Linda makes it look so easy :-(

Well, I'm off to do school now. My first year in High School, and so far it's hectic. I have Journalism as my elective--I'm not sure whether I like it or not yet, but it's somethign, I guess. Next year I think I will have Computer Literacy or somethign like that.
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

No comments:

Natural Horse Man Ship