Welcome to my blog of my progress in the Parelli Program!

This is a blog of my journey with my wonderful, amazing, smart, unconfident and then pretends to be--and is-- defaint, Quarter Horse mare, Brizzee, in the Parelli Program! We are official Level 1 Graduates as of spring, of 2009! We are currently playing with On-Line and Freestyle at Levels 2 & 3. I am also beginning to "play" with a friends horse. Sugar is a RBI 5 year old bay Quarter Horse. She is really "calm" and "quiet" and isn't very confident, but she's sensitive and very willing. I thank you for coming with me along my journey of playing with two wonderful horses! :)

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winter...ugh!!

Hi Everybody!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Winter is here now. Since about the middle of December, it has been snowing steady here (basically) until these last few days. I haven't done ANYTHING with Brizzee or any of our other horses, besides let them out of their little pens to get water, and feed them. Christmas was busy. It was snowing heavily, and the roads were kinda bad. My mom and I had to pick up my Grandmother and her friend, and then drive to my sister's house, where all our family was for Christmas. Then I went with my dad to my grandparents house. My brother (his picture is on here) was there too. He got me laughing so hard, that I couldn't breathe and my face started turning purple. lol. And then after we got home, my dad and I played Million Dollar Password. So yeah, it was okay. And I started a new book on Dec. 12th. As of right now it is titled; High School Sweetheart. But that will probably change to something else...I don't know.

Today: I was busy all day long. First, I had to feed the horses and our calves, walk my dog, take care of my dog, eat, clean my room, clean the landing upstairs, help my mom clean downstairs, etc. Bob's family came down today, and my mom was running all day long, trying to get the house clean. When I fed the horses this morning, I groomed Brizzee. She looks kinda green. I got the comb through her mane and tail. Luckily, she didn't have very many knots from the snow, wind, rain, etc. And after a few minutes went by, her tail was light again! She lifted it up, and relaxed it, instead of holding it tight!

Then, when Bob's family was here we were talking about horses and I bragged on Brizzee, a lot. I'm just so proud of her and everything she's come through to get to here. Especially when her owner isn't that savvy yet. lol. Brizzee is my first horse. Today, she scared me. I was putting the horses in their own seperate pen to feed them in tonight. I was standing in a corner, and Brizzee and another horse got into a kicking fight. I was right in the middle of it. I thought I was going to get kicked. Then all of them were kicking at each other. I was dodging hooves and everything. Plus, I was wearing my cowboy boots so I was sliding all over on the ice. I was holdign the gate open and they were still kicking at everyone and I yelled at them; "Somebody, anybody get in here!" I screamed it pretty loud. My voice echoed. Everyone stopped and kinda turned to me. Brizzee then went into her little pen, I closed the gate, locked up our Arabian, and then fed everone.

I was pretty shaken up when I was walking back towards the house, and that's when Bob's family pulled in. I had tears in my eyes and was shaking like a log. I kind of ran into the house. I hope they didn't think that was rude of me. I tend to get pretty shaken up with things like that. But then I was fine. Most of the snow here is gone....on the roads and drive ways, that is. There's still plenty of snow in the fields, but it's slowly melting. I just h0pe it stays warm like this, and doesn't snow again for a LONG time.

Well, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~



1 comment:

coc_parelli said...

Good to hear from you again! It's been really cold and snowy here too. I'm ready for spring again!

A book! That's cool. How many pages have you written so far, what's it about? If you don't mind my asking.

I don't blame you at all. It IS scary when horses start doing that. Even if they are just playing, it wouldn't be good to accidentally get kicked. Dixie and Cocoa play and kick around sometimes and I definitely don't want to be caught in the middle of that. The first time I got kicked wasn't from Cocoa but from the horse I boarded, Chy. It was pretty much an accident. I was coming through the gate behind her and our chickens were nearby. The rooster got too close to her backlegs and she kicked out and got me. It didn't feel too good at all. Better to be safe than sorry! :)

Brizzee get anything for x-mas?

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

Natural Horse Man Ship